The first year of residency rotation encompasses several facets of clinical medicine using a standard rotating format at the Royal Columbian Hospital (New Westminster), St. Paul’s Hospital (downtown Vancouver) or Victoria.
Year Two emphasizes internal medicine and pediatrics rotations, in addition to one month of clinical dermatology and 1 month of dermatopathology. Mandatory one month rotations include Infectious Disease and Rheumatology, as per the current Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons minimum training requirements for dermatology.
Suggested rotations include:
- Allergy and Immunology
- Medical Oncology
- Family Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Vancouver Hospital / Skin Care Centre / Lions Laser Skin Centre / BC Cancer Agency Outpatient Clinics
- Vancouver General Hospital Consultations
- St. Paul’s Hospital Consultations
- Dermatologic Surgery
- Children’s Hospital – Pediatric Dermatology
Various dermatology subspecialties are included in this year, including hospital-based consults, contact dermatitis, pediatric dermatology, autoimmune dermatology, hair, photomedicine, and dermatologic surgery.
- Vancouver Hospital / Skin Care Centre and Lions Laser Skin Centre
- St. Paul’s Hospital or Vancouver General Hospital consultations
- BC Cancer Agency Outpatient Clinics
- Dermatological Surgery
- BC Children’s Hospital Consultations/Outpatient Clinics
- Community Dermatology
- Contact Dermatitis
To be arranged with program director, focused on needs of resident and future goals.